We offer an annual summer internship scheme, allowing you to spend four weeks, working with us in Singapore and getting to know more about our people and our business.
This could be your year
In 2021, we will offer two summer internship programmes for a period of four weeks each throughout June and July. For each internship programme, there are up to eight places for students who are studying a primary law degree in Singapore or abroad at a university approved by the Ministry of Law. Our numbers are small so that interns can get the best experience possible from this bespoke programme. We are specifically seeking students who are interested in embarking on their practice traineeship with Cavenagh Law upon graduation.
What we look for
We are looking for intelligent and articulate applicants, who will be capable of contributing and communicating their own ideas and opinions. We need enthusiastic people who will enjoy getting to know clients and colleagues and who understand that working at the forefront of global legal services often requires hard work, applied intellect and a collaborative approach to working in a team. To succeed with us, you must display drive and a commitment to meet the high standards expected of all of our team. Applicants should also possess outstanding academic abilities.
Applicants for our 2021 summer internship programme should be in their second year of study at the time of application. The Firm's bespoke programme is intended for students pursuing a primary degree in law (i.e. Bachelor's level degree) and students on double-degree courses (where one of those course is a Bachelor's degree in law).
What can interns expect to experience on the programme?
Our programme gives interns a sense of what life is like in a cutting-edge law firm. The main parts of the programme include:
- Placement in two of our practice groups (interns will be able to state a preference for practice groups and these will be accommodated where possible).
- Assigned buddies to be a point of contact during the internship.
- Working on on-going transactions alongside our lawyers and partners, and the chance to attend/observe meetings and calls where appropriate.
- Sessions with partners and business professional leaders to understand the business side of law and opportunities for you in more detail.
- Preparing a 10 minute presentation to be made at the end of the programme. A presentation skills e-course will be made available to interns to help prepare for this.
- Presentation by trainees in Singapore as well as trainees seconded from London, Australia and Hong Kong and senior lawyers about life as a lawyer.
- Attending our regular education and training sessions which we run for all our lawyers.
- Introduction and participation in various community initiatives.
How to apply
Applications for the 2021 programme will open on 23 November 2020 and close end of February 2021.
If you are interested in doing a Summer Internship with us, please submit your application via the online job portal. Following screening of these initial online submissions, you will be invited to an interview either at our office or via video conference call for overseas applicants. Interviews will take place in March 2021, and notification of the award of internship places will be made in early April 2021. All applicants will be notified as to the outcome of the selection process.
For all inquiries regarding Graduate Recruitment, please contact our Graduate Recruitment Team at email@example.com