Once you've read about our firm and what we can offer you, we encourage you to talk with us directly, get to know our people and decide on whether working at Cavenagh Law LLP is the right choice for you.
The Cavenagh Law LLP and Clifford Chance Summer Internship
Cavenagh Law LLP and Clifford Chance offer an annual summer internship scheme, allowing you to spend four weeks, working with us in Singapore and getting to know more about our people and our business.
Summer Internships in 2019
In 2019 we will offer two summer internships for a period of four weeks over June and July. For each internship there are eight places for students who are Singapore nationals (including those who hold permanent residence status in Singapore) studying a primary law degree in Singapore or abroad. Numbers are small so that interns can get the best experience possible from this bespoke programme. We are specifically seeking students who are interested in embarking on their practice Training Contract with Cavenagh Law LLP upon graduation.
Applicants should be in their second year of study at the time of application.
We are looking for intelligent and articulate applicants, who will be capable of contributing and communicating their own ideas and opinions. We need enthusiastic people who will enjoy getting to know clients and colleagues and who understand that working at the forefront of global legal services often requires hard work, applied intellect and a collaborative approach to working in a team. To succeed with us you must display drive and a commitment to meet the high standards expected of all of our team. Applicants should also possess outstanding academic abilities.
The firm's bespoke programme is intended for students pursuing a primary degree in law (i.e. Bachelor's level degree) and students on double-degree courses (where one of those courses is a Bachelor's degree in law).
The overriding purpose of our programme is to give interns a sense of what life is like in a cutting edge law firm. The main parts of the programme include:
- Placement in two of our practice groups (interns will be able to state a preference for practice groups and these will be accommodated to the extent possible).
- Assigned buddies to be a point of contact during the internship.
- Working on ongoing transactions alongside our lawyers and partners, and the chance to attend / observe meetings and calls where appropriate.
- Sessions with partners and business services leaders to understand the business side of law and opportunities for you in more detail.
- Preparing a 10 minute presentation of your choice (on a work-related topic), to be made at the end of the programme. A "presentation skills" e-course will be made available to interns to help prepare for this.
- Presentation by trainees in Singapore as well as trainees seconded from London, Australia and Hong Kong and senior lawyers about life as a lawyer.
- Attending our regular education & training sessions which we run for all our lawyers.
- Introduction to and participation in various community initiatives.
Application deadline and process
Applications for the 2019 scheme will open on 3 December 2018 and close at midnight on 15 February 2019.
Applications must be submitted, and will only be accepted, via the firm's online job portal.
Following the initial online submissions, there will be an interview either at our office or via telephone for overseas applicants. Interviews will take place in March 2019 and notification of the award of internship places will be made by end March 2019. All applicants will be notified as to the outcome of the selection process.
There will be an allowance of SG$1800 for the period of the internship.
For all enquiries regarding Graduate Recruitment please contact the Graduate Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org