Aloysius is an Associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice of Cavenagh Law LLP.
Aloysius has advised and represented clients in both Singapore litigation proceedings, as well as international arbitrations, with a significant portion of his work featuring a PRC element.
Prior to joining Cavenagh Law LLP, Aloysius was a senior associate of one of Singapore's largest local law firms, an associate with an American law firm, and an in-house counsel with an SGX-listed company.
- Acted for an LNG trading company in an SIAC arbitration in respect of claims in excess of US$50 million against it for failure to deliver. *
- Acted for a Chinese bank in resisting a US$20 million claim filed in the Singapore Court in relation to a potential letter of credit fraud. *
- Acted for a Hong Kong entity in an ICC arbitration in respect of claims in excess of US$25 million arising from disputes relating to the sale and purchase of unmanned aerial vehicles. *
- Acted for a Pakistani national in Singapore court proceedings in relation to shareholder disputes with the company's minority shareholder. *
- Acted for a Chinese state-owned entity in prosecuting a SIAC arbitration claim against various Vietnamese entities in relation to a turnkey project involving the construction of a solar energy power plant. *
- Acted for a Russian entity in resisting a SIAC arbitration claim by an American entity in respect of claims in excess of US$40 million against it for failure to pay. This brief later progressed into a successful appeal to the Court of Appeal to set aside the award in BXH v BXI  1 SLR 1043. *
- Acted for a Chinese state-owned entity in an SIAC arbitration against an American entity in relation to disputes arising out of the failure to deliver a customized piece of machinery. *
- Acted for an American entity in resisting a SIAC arbitration claim by a Chinese entity in relation to a dispute relating to the construction and delivery of turbines to be installed in an LNG Terminal. *
- Advised a German client in relation to an intended buy-out of their Chinese partner in a joint venture. *
- Advised a German client on strategic options available in a dispute with a Chinese entity in relation to the construction and delivery of line machinery.*
*Prior to joining Cavenagh Law LLP
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- National University of Singapore (LLB) 2015
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor in Singapore 2016
- Associate, Drew & Napier LLC 2016
- Legal Advisor, Fraser & Neave Ltd 2018
- Senior Associate, Drew & Napier LLC 2020
- Associate, Mayer Brown 2022
- Joined Cavenagh Law 2023