Kenneth Tay is a Senior Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice of Cavenagh Law LLP. He has a wide range of experience in complex commercial disputes, including disputes involving shareholder disputes, mergers & acquisitions litigation, derivatives litigation, disputes involving breaches of trust and the enforcement of charitable trusts.
Kenneth has also acted and advised on ICC, SIAC and ICSID arbitrations covering a range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, mining and fast-moving consumer goods.
- Assisting on a complex on-going claim for alleged breaches of trust over disputed assets valued at between US$600 – US$800 million.
- Acting in Singapore court proceedings in a dispute involving a Singapore company over assets valued at over US$1 billion.
- Acting in a Singapore High Court action defending against a claim for minority oppression in relation to a company with assets in excess of S$100 million.
- Acting in a joint-venture dispute between an international financial institution and a Singapore listed company over the operation and sale of four top-tier hotels in Australia
- Acting as second chair in a claim by a financial institution against a former client pursuant to a terminated ISDA Agreement.
- Assisting a major multinational confectionary company in a warranty claim following a completed M&A transaction with a Vietnamese company
News and client work
- +65 6661 2035
- Email me
Career and qualifications
- University College London (LL.B) Law 2013
- Joined Cavenagh Law LLP 2013
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor in Singapore 2015