Sarah Hew is a Senior Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice of Cavenagh Law LLP.
Sarah specialises in dispute resolution, and has a wide range of experience in complex commercial disputes and international arbitrations. She has also acted and advised on ICC, ICSID and ad-hoc arbitrations in claims ranging from US$33 million to US$75 million.
- acting for the plaintiffs in the original action and the defendants in the counterclaim in a US$800 million dispute arising from a joint venture agreement involving a coal upgrading plant in Indonesia. This case is the first case due to be heard before the Singapore International Commercial Court in November 2015
- acting for an ASEAN government in ICSID annulment proceedings involving a European state investor. The amount of the claim is in excess of US$75 million
- assisting the party-nominated arbitrator in a bilateral investment treaty governed by the UNCITRAL rules in a US$1.4 billion dispute involving a Mauritian investor in the telecommunications industry and a South Asian government
- advising an ASEAN government in a potential ICSID arbitration dispute involving certain coal mining export regulations
- acting for the claimant investor in an approximately €30 million ICC arbitration dispute under Swiss law concerning previous ICC and other proceedings
News and client work
- +65 6661 2087
- Email me
Career and qualifications
- National University of Singapore (L.L.B.) 2012
- Lawyer, Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP 2012
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore 2013
- Joined Cavenagh Law LLP 2015
- Law Society of Singapore