Elan Krishna has acted for clients in a wide variety of high value and complex arbitration matters, with a particular focus on arbitrations involving allegations of fraud, corruption or illegality.
Elan has particular expertise in disputes arising in the aviation and logistics sector. He has been recommended in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019 with clients praising him as 'relentlessly productive'. Elan is a board member of the ICDR's Young & International Group and a committee member of the Law Society of Singapore's International Relations Committee. He also has an active litigation practice centred on complex commercial appeals and cross-jurisdictional insolvency matters.
- Representing a leading Dubai based conglomerate in an SIAC arbitration against a BVI entity backed by an Indian promoter. This is a shareholder dispute between the parties arising out of investment in a power plant in India built at a cost of more than USD 1 billion.
- Acting for one of the world's leading alternative asset managers in relation to unpaid interest and redemption payments pursuant to certain debt securities issued by a major Indian infrastructure development group. The dispute involves two Indian-seated arbitrations under the SIAC Rules and involves issues arising from, among other things, the Foreign Exchange Management Act, the Limitation Act and the corporate insolvency resolution proceedings of one of the respondents under the Indian Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. The amount in dispute is USD 230 million.
- Acting for a Swiss private equity firm in a Singapore High Court dispute involving a put option under a guaranteed return agreement. The amount in dispute is in excess of SGD 33 million.
- Advising the liquidators of the Singapore subsidiary on the insolvency of one of the world's largest marine bunker company. The insolvency proceedings involved claims by a syndicate of lending banks arising from a facilities agreement of USD 700 million and relating to global receivables of in excess of USD 1.3 billion.
News and client work
- +65 6506 2785
- Email me
- Speaks English and Mandarin
Career and qualifications
- New York University School of Law, New York (LLM in International Legal Studies) 2009
- National University of Singapore Faculty of Law, Singapore (LLB) 2009
- Admitted as a solicitor in Singapore 2010
- Associate, Clifford Chance 2012
- Joined Cavenagh Law LLP 2016
- Partner since 2021
- Member of Young SIAC
- Member of the Law Society of Singapore & Singapore Academy of Law
Awards and citations
- Elan Krishna has been recommended in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019 with clients praising him as 'relentlessly productive'.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019